[Users] Checkpoint and restore on 64 bit Debian host.

Hansel Dunlop hansel.dunlop at resolversystems.com
Fri Sep 30 12:45:46 EDT 2011

Hello,

A question for the list.

We have developed a web service on 64 bit Debian locally on ZEN and for
deployment on AWS. We really want to use OpenVZ so that we can give our
users persistent console sessions across deployments of our software.

During our experiments with OpenVZ we discovered that Chkpt/Restore
doesn't work on 64 bit Debian (or we couldn't make it work) which seems
to be a known problem.

We figure it could be three or four weeks of work to switch to CentOS or
Scientific Linux.

What advice do people have? I've been reading through the mailing lists
but I don't feel like I have a clear picture of what is working and what
is not right now. Are there events in the near future which might make
this easier? Does anyone have working checkpointing on 64 bit Debian?
Would it be quicker for us to try and fix the Debian issue itself?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Kind regards

--
Hansel Dunlop
hansel.dunlop at resolversystems.com

PythonAnywhere: A console in your browser
http://pythonanywhere.com