[Users] OpenVPN, IPTables, NAT Issues with UDP Translation after IP Change

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 10:44:39 EDT 2011

> I have a Debian host running multiple VEs and seeing trouble with udp
> translations (masq or snat) when the interface ip of ppp0 changes.

I didn't have time to read you entire message, but in my experience,
OpenVZ's containers lose their network connectivity if anything happens to
the host's IP.  To work around this, I have a script that does this to all
running containers:

vzctl set ${NUMBER} --ipdel ${IP_OF_CONTAINER}
vzctl set ${NUMBER} --ipadd ${IP_OF_CONTAINER}

This resolves these kinds of issues:

- Sam