[Users] yum: [Errno -3] Error performing checksum

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Fri Sep 16 02:35:02 EDT 2011

On 09/16/2011 10:23 AM, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> On 09/16/2011 09:36 AM, knawnd at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> OpenVZ mirrors are not available:
>> $ wget http://download.openvz.org/openvz.repo -P /etc/yum.repos.d/
>>
>> $  date; yum repolist
>> Fri Sep 16 08:36:47 MSK 2011
>> Loaded plugins: kernel-module
>> openvz-utils/primary
>>                                          | 2.7 kB     00:00
>> http://download.openvz.org/current/repodata/primary.xml.gz: [Errno -3]
>> Error performing checksum
>> Trying other mirror.
>> <.....>
>>
>> 10 hours ago the problem with openvz* repos was the same.
>>
> OK I can acknowledge there is a problem for yum-3.0 users. I reproduced
> it using CentOS 5 host.
>
> The thing is, we have upgraded download.openvz.org to use CentOS 6, and
> by default its
> createrepo uses sha256 for checksumming, which yum-3.0 does not understand.
>
> The fix is to use -s sha argument to createrepo. I have just updated
> download.openvz.org.
> Mirrors should follow within hours.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, if you don't want to wait for mirrors, comment out 'mirrorlist='
line and uncomment 'baseurl=' line in [openvz-utils] entry in
/etc/yum.repos.d/openvz.repo, so it will look like this:

[openvz-utils]
name=OpenVZ utilities
baseurl=http://download.openvz.org/current/
#mirrorlist=http://download.openvz.org/mirrors-current