[Users] Problem comtainer

Einar S. Idsø einar.openvz at norsk-esport.no
Sat Sep 3 04:40:05 EDT 2011

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 2:02 AM, Scott Dowdle <dowdle at montanalinux.org> wrote:
> I do have one problem, and I don't know if it is related to the change or not... but I just now noticed it... but I have one CentOS 5.6 32-bit container that is having the no pty problem.  When I try to vzctl enter into it I get:
>
> Unable to open pty: No such file or directory

This sounds like the same problem I had when I recently moved some old
Gentoo-containers from Linux-Vserver to OpenVZ.

Try the following command:
vzctl exec CTID mount -t devpts none /dev/pts
then try to reenter:
vzctl enter CTID

If this works, then all you have to do is add the line "mount -t
devpts none /dev/pts" to the container's /etc/rc.local to make sure it
stays working after a restart. There may be more elegant solutions out
there, but this works for me.

Cheers,
Einar