[Users] Re: openvz CT migration filesystem on share storage

Aleksandar Ivanisevic aleksandar at ivanisevic.de
Wed Nov 30 05:07:05 EST 2011

Tommy <thfbjhkhtdx at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all!
>
> Is it possiable to migration the CT with its filesystem on share storage
> which both HN can access
> I think it can reduce the migration time by avoiding the time of
> sync(sync 2nd)
> Does anyone do some works on it? or give me some suggestion?

in vzmigrate script look for

$RSYNC "$VE_PRIVATE" "root@$host:${VE_PRIVATE%/*}"

there should be two instances, one for initial and 2nd level sync
(after the container is suspended or stopped), either remove them if
you have shared fs or put in some code to unmount/mount the LUN on
another machine.

Thats all there is to it. You may also want to fix undo_private and
undo_root or you might end up with migrate wiping your container
completely in case of error.