[Users] Is there a stable OpenVZ kernel, and which should be fit for production

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Thu Nov 24 06:27:23 EST 2011

Zitat von Dariush Pietrzak <ml-openvz-eyck at kuszelas.eu>:

>> Have you reopened it already? Can you provide bug number?
>
>  BUG 2080.
> I reopened, got told that that is completely different issue, then
> encountered exactly the same issue on supposedly fixed kernel,
> so reopened again.
>
>> Any other statements like
>> "there are many bugs", "this kernel is unstable" are just not
>> specific enough for me to deal with.
>
>  That's why I wanted to provide a way to reproduce the problem, I would
> imagine that overnight stresstest would already be a part of your internal
> QA.
>  This got through our own QA probably because we were running only
> 'stress' app, only when we added parallel bonnie+ ( which we did, because
> production machines that were crashing all had significant IO on them as
> common thing ).

Just out of curiousity i use my kernel crash-test setup to test with
"stress" and "bonnie". I simply use the OpenVZ-Kernel with two
container (ubuntu-10.04) and let one run stress and the other bonnie.
The load is at 15 but the machine is humming along since around 4
hours...
Is it possible that your problem arise from the io devices used?

Regards

Andreas