[Users] Is there a stable OpenVZ kernel, and which should be fit for production

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Wed Nov 23 12:13:27 EST 2011

On 11/23/2011 08:59 PM, lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de wrote:
> Zitat von Kir Kolyshkin<kir at openvz.org>:

>>>   Looking at bugzilla there are many other similiar reports, one of mine has
>>> been closed as fixed, but then returned in exactly the same function after
>>> just 6 minutes of stress-testing new kernel.
>>>   It's easy to reproduce, just put enough load on the system.
>> Have you reopened it already? Can you provide bug number?
>>
>>>   It looks really troubling, both vSwap and 042.x branches look very nice
>>> feature-wise, even vzmigrate seems to work fine, which is no small feat,
>>> but it kinda feels like stability has been sacrificed to get there.
>>>
>>> best regards, Eyck
>> Guys,
>>
>> I do understand reasons for your frustration, but so far I have only
>> seen one specific bug mentioned in this thread, namely
>> http://bugzilla.openvz.org/2095 it was filed yesterday and there is
>> a patch already available for testing. Any other statements like
>> "there are many bugs", "this kernel is unstable" are just not
>> specific enough for me to deal with.
>>
>> If there are bugs, they need to be reported and fixed, and we,
>> OpenVZ team, partly rely on you, our users. We do have internal QA
>> but can't possibly test all the use cases and scenarios.
>>
>> Specifically, we rely on having bug reports from you, with full
>> kernel logs (see http://wiki.openvz.org/Remote_console_setup), test
>> cases (as specific and reproducible as possible), and ideally your
>> ability to test patches that developers provide and report your
>> results back to bugzilla.
> Okay, can someone with a bugzilla account please confirm and create a
> bug with this one:

Pardon my curiosity, but why you need someone to act as your proxy
filing bugs into bugzilla? I mean, I could create a bug, then a
developer will ask you for some additional info, and I will have to ask
you and then copy/paste your reply to the bug report, and so on and so
forth. Why make things more complicated?

Bugzilla accounts are free and instant, just go to
http://bugzilla.openvz.org/createaccount.cgi and enter your email.