[Users] Re: Question About Debian Squeeze OVZ Kernel

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Mon Nov 14 11:26:52 EST 2011

Zitat von Kir Kolyshkin <kir at openvz.org>:

> On 11/10/2011 03:28 AM, JR Richardson wrote:
>> This was great feedback gentleman. I really appreciate your time.  I think
>> I'm leaning toward using the RH kernel on Debian, checking out proxmox now.
> You can use latest RHEL6-based kernel builds on your Debian or
> Ubuntu machine. Here's how.
>

> 1. Get the latest kernel from either Download/kernel/rhel6-testing
> or Download/kernel/rhel6. You need vzkernel and vzkernel-devel
> packages only, with the -devel being optional.
>
> 2. Install fakeroot and alien:
>  apt-get install alien fakeroot
>
> 3. Convert these two rpms to debs using alien. This is
>  fakeroot alien --to-deb --scripts --keep-version vzkernel-*.rpm
>
> 4. Install debs as usual. Reboot. Enjoy.
>  dpkg -i vzkernel*.deb

Hm,

in contrast to the standard Debian Kernel the OpenVZ kernel looks like
missing the gdth driver for the older ICP Vortex RAID Controller?
When trying to steps above all i get is a system which cannot access
its boot device any more :-(
Any reason why gdth is exluded in your kernels?

Regards

Andreas