[Users] Service restart on host system kills same service insideall VEs

Tim Small tim at seoss.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 10:37:15 EST 2011

On 11/11/11 14:04, Anton Zaytsev wrote:
> Ok, nrpe init script does "killproc nrpe" and its killing all processes
> named nrpe, inside containers too. But almost all of init scripts do so.
> So modify all of them? Looks not so pretty:)

Use Debian?  I've not seen this broken behaviour with any of Debian's
init scripts...

I would say that it's also broken for non-openvz hosts - I've previously
run several separate copies of apache and ssh (each with their own init
scripts) on a Debian host before, and restarting one hasn't killed the
others...

Open bugs against Redhat/CentOS?  I'd guess this problem will continue
with LXC in the future too...

Tim.

--
South East Open Source Solutions Limited
Registered in England and Wales with company number 06134732.