[Users] check_openvz_beans: Nagios Plugin for OpenVZ beancounters

andreas.kotes at nokia.com andreas.kotes at nokia.com
Thu Nov 3 13:01:49 EDT 2011

Hello OpenVZ community,
Hello Nagios community!

Nokia has been using a lot of OpenSource software for a long time - and we're pleased to be able to give something back!

While we've been very happy with the capabilities both OpenVZ and Nagios provide already, we've been missing one relevant bit of functionality: flexibly configurable monitoring for the so-called beancounters which safeguard the resource limits in OpenVZ.

The attached diff provides the corresponding implementation as well as unit-testing code and packaging scripts for both Debian and RedHat based systems.

It is hereby released under GPL v2 or later, the same as both OpenVZ and Nagios.

Enjoy! :)

   Andreas, for Nokia's Automated Deployment &  Orchestration team

P.S: it has been filed in Nagios Plugin's tracker on SF as well, https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3432892&group_id=29880&atid=397599

--
NOKIA

Andreas Kotes

Solution Architect
Automated Deployment & Orchestration

E-Mail: andreas.kotes at nokia.com

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Invalidenstr. 117
10115 Berlin, Germany

Place of Business: Berlin - Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 106443B - USt-IdNr.: DE 812 845 193 - Managing Directors: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori