[Users] possible container states/statuses

knawnd at gmail.com knawnd at gmail.com
Tue May 17 02:48:40 EDT 2011

> $ vzctl status 103
> CTID 103 exist mounted running
>
> As one can see 'vzctl status' doesn't show running CT as suspended. So
> what is the proper way to detect that state (running and suspended CT)?
I guess because 'suspended' is missing from the output of 'vzctl status'
command for such CT the attempt to stop a CT in such state (running and
suspended) has to be properly traced. For example, 'vzctl stop <CT_ID>'
has to print something like "CT is running and suspended. Please, resume
it by executing 'vzctl chkpnt <CTID> --resume' command in order to stop
it". Right now the action 'vzctl stop <CTID>' on running and suspended
CT ends with "Unable to stop container: operation timed out" what is
expected.

Regards,
Nikolay.