[Users] vzmigrate standby mode

Jean-Marc Pigeon jmp at safe.ca
Thu May 12 11:56:50 EDT 2011

Hello,

	I think it will be very convenient to have a way to
	prepare/clone a VPS ready to start at moment notice
	(standby mode), a kind of action ready backup.

	I think the best way to do that is to modify
	vzmigrate to add "--standby", such the vzmigrate
	will work in --keep_dst mode and doing the --online
	mode but NOT stopping the VPS source and keeping the
	destination VPS in stop mode.

	Such starting vzmigrate --standby lets say
	once a day, could keep a fresh enough VPS
	ready to take action in case of major
	trouble on production HOST.

	Is there a better way to achieve this?,
	is vzmigrate the best candidate to do it?
	if so, I'll try to add "--standby" to
	vzmigrate.

--
A bientôt