[Users] Re: How to identify the physical machine when you are inside the container?

Epifanova Ekaterina nixma at yandex.ru
Wed May 11 06:10:13 EDT 2011

11.05.2011, 12:50, "Aleksandar Ivanisevic" <aleksandar at ivanisevic.de>:
> "Ekaterina.epifanova" <nixma at yandex.ru>;
> writes:
>
>>  Hi.
>>
>>  For this purpose we use special naming sheme:
>>  hostname of VE contain name of NH as service hostname.
>
> You never migrate VEs? Or when they move they get a new name?

In our enviroment (~100HNs and ~7000VEs) veid.hwnodename.domain.com - it's service name and it never use for http, smtp or other VEs needs.
After migrating VE it's service name must be changed to correct

Mirgating VE - it's not everyday job. In this case VE's serivce name may be created and changed by hand or, in large scale, with automated scripts.