[Users] Debian libc update requres newer kernel ( was no subject)

Benoit Branciard Benoit.Branciard at univ-paris1.fr
Mon May 9 04:05:12 EDT 2011

Le 07/05/2011 21:20, Kir Kolyshkin a écrit :
> On 05/07/2011 12:12 AM, Hristo Benev wrote:
>>
>> Will that work...?
>>
>> I do not know what functionality is required from kernel and is it
>> backported to RHEL kernel.
>>
>> Maybe I should just bite the bullet and try?!
>
> It should work, we have forward-ported all the features required by
> newer distros.
>
> More to say, latest vzctl (since 3.0.25) sets this on a per-CT basis,
> using the table from
> /etc/vz/osrelease.conf. If you run vzctl-3.0.25 or later, just add the
> following line to this
> file:
>
> debian-6.0 2.6.32
>
> I will fix it in vzctl-3.0.26.3 soon.

Stock Debian 6.0 (Squeeze) doesn't require this, it runs libc6 2.11
which doesn't depend on kernel version.
We have several Squeeze containers running happily on RHEL5 OpenVZ
kernel without tweaks (however latest 089.1 stable ovz kernel is highly
recommanded since it corrects some serious bugs).

I believe problem arose maybe because Hristo Benev had some
testing/unstable packages installed before upgrading to Squeeze.

--
Benoit BRANCIARD
Service InfraStructures (SIS) - Direction des Systèmes d'Information (DSI)
Assistance : assistance-dsi at univ-paris1.fr
Web : http://dsi.univ-paris1.fr

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.