[Users] Brocade FC/FCOE Adapter, model: Brocade-815 (bfa)

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Sat May 7 19:32:40 EDT 2011

On 05/05/2011 03:30 PM, Anton Gorlov wrote:
>    From which version has the ovz kernel begun to support Brocade-815
> (bfa) adapter?
>
> I'm also wondering whether the bug "BFA[error] HAL_ASSERT: Assertion
> failure:" has been fixed.

In general, we don't care about specific hardware issues, and let the
upstream handle this.
In this case "upstream" is RHEL5 or RHEL6 or vanilla Linux (or Debian
kernel) -- depending
on which branch of OpenVZ kernel do you use.

Most probably you use RHEL-based OpenVZ kernel, so address your question
to Red Hat
(and you can see which RHEL5 kernel we use from version, and which RHEL6
from changelogs).
Read through their changelogs, analyze their kernel patches etc.

In some cases though we do care about specific hardware, i.e.
fix/update/include some
drivers. But I never heard we did something like that for Brocade.

Kir.