[Users] FATAL: Error inserting loop module after Squeeze kernel update

Marc Olive marc.olive at blauadvisors.com
Tue Mar 29 04:12:57 EDT 2011

Hello,

I've just updated a Debian Squeeze server with linux-image-2.6-openvz-amd64
package, and after reboot I cannot mount throught /dev/loop1:

.- The mount command says "/dev/loop1: File or directory not found".
.- I've checked /dev/loopX and there's aren't any loop devices.
.- The "loop" kernel module is not loaded.
.- When I try to load it with "modprobe loop" I get "FATAL: Error inserting
loop (/lib/modules/2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64/updates/loop.ko): Invalid module
format".

How can I solve it? Thanks,

--

Marc Olivé