[Users] kernel-debuginfo ovz-kernel; kernel panic

Sergej Kandyla sk.paix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 08:00:33 EDT 2011

Hi, all.
A few questions.

1.  Does anybody know, where I can obtain the  kernel-debuginfo and kernel-debuginfo-common packages for stable ovz-kernel ?
(2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2)

2.
After upgrading the server for 16G ram, I started to see a lot of kernel panics.

The hardware is desktop grade,
 AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor
 MSI 770-C45
 16G of mem.

 OS: CentOS 5.5 with the latest openvz kernel.

However, I've checked the mem with memtest86+,  and it shows no errors.
And I've successfully got a kernel dump (with kdump), so it seems to be related to some software errors.

With 8G of mem, the server was running 1 year without any errors.

Any suggestions ?

PS. also in the messages:
kernel: amd64_edac: probe of 0000:00:18.2 failed with error -22
kernel: EDAC amd64_edac:  Ver: 3.2.0 May 18 2010
kernel: EDAC amd64: This node reports that Memory ECC is currently disabled, set F3x44[22] (0000:00:18.3).
kernel: EDAC amd64: WARNING: ECC is disabled by BIOS. Module will NOT be loaded.