[Users] memory usage

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Wed Mar 16 11:26:05 EDT 2011

Zitat von Steffan <general at ziggo.nl>:

> Hello,
>
> Question
> I have a big node running several containers
> Below the memory usages
> What is important for performance
> The Physical memory usage (88%)
> Or the kernel+ applications (28%)
> Has someone a explanation how to read this ?
>
> Memory Usage
> Type 					Percent Capacity Free 	Used 		Size
> Physical Memory   			88%  	2.74 GB 		20.96 GB 23.71 GB
> - Kernel + applications   	28%    6.64 GB
> - Buffers   				3%    837.63 MB
> - Cached   				57%    13.51 GB
> Disk Swap   				0%  3.99 GB 8.21 MB 4.00 GB

A few hints to consider:
Linux always try to use the whole RAM available, free RAM is useless
after all. So nearly all RAM not used by applications/kernel/network
buffers is used as filesystem cache as needed. In your case the most
is in the fs-cache and Swap is not used at all, so you don't have a
RAM shortage/performance problem related to RAM.

Regards

Andreas