[Users] Crazy IO utilization in VE running on Debian Squeeze host

Pavel Shevaev pacha.shevaev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:36:50 EST 2011

Folks,

I tried using OpenVZ(2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64) on a Debian Squeeze host
and I faced _crazy_ IO utilization numbers(99-101%) for a VE which has
unlimited resources.

The VE is running Percona Server(a patched version of MySQL). I've
never had such issues with it on the same load on the "real" hardware
node.

And the worst part - I've faced several INNODB data corruptions in VE.
After that I moved Percona onto the hardware node and now all IO
problems are gone(at least running 6 hours without a glitch as of this
writing)....

Maybe it's not a good idea to use OpenVZ 2.6.32 kernel on production
yet? If yes, what is the best version of OpenVZ kernel to be used on
production?

--
Best regards, Pavel