[Users] Re: vzdev-3.3.13-1.4.swsoft

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Fri Jun 24 15:39:56 EDT 2011

Michael Stauber,

----- Original Message -----
> bit OT, but has someone here managed to build a working template for
> RHEL6 (beta or not) to run on a CentOS5 master node?

Yes... well... sorta.

We had one person contribute an OS Template for Scientific Linux 6 that he made by migrating a physical machine to container.

Kir released a beta for Scientific Linux 6 some time ago... as well as an updated beta.

I took the Scientific Linux 6 beta OS Template that Kir released and then updated it, made a few changes (removed samba packages, added nano, mc, links, screen... and tweeked apache config some) and added it to contrib.

If you aren't familiar with Scientific Linux, it is a long time RHEL clone that seems to be getting more attention with the delay of CentOS 6.  For more info, here are two good reference:

Interview: Troy Dawson from Scientific Linux
http://www.montanalinux.org/interview-troy-dawson-scientific-linux-june2011.html

Send in the clone: Scientific Linux 6.1 approaches
http://lwn.net/Articles/446126/

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle