[Users] Re: [Devel] OpenVZ on CentOS x86_64

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Tue Feb 1 12:03:07 EST 2011

On 01/30/2011 08:54 PM, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 January 2011 19:21:34 Dennis Schridde wrote:
>> I tried installing OpenVZ on a CentOS x86_64 host and ran into some
>> problems. Research revealed that the problem is known to some users since
>> 2009 and a workaround is described in the wiki [1].
>>
>> My questions:
>> 1) Is this problem know to the developers?
>> 2) Was there any effort to fix this?
> Any info is appreciated.

vzpkg/vzyum are not a requirement for OpenVZ to function, they are optional.

More to say, as you can see from [1], vzpkg and vzyum are
unsupported/unmaintained. Users are expected to use
precreated templates available from [2]. If you are
not satisfied with available precreated template, you can
repack those, or create your own from scratch.
There are some articles on wiki that tells you how to do that,
see [3].

Hope that helps.

Kir.

[1] http://wiki.openvz.org/Download/template/utils