[Users] NTP Server in einer virtuellen Umgebung

Daniel Bauer mlist at dsb-gmbh.de
Sun Dec 11 16:18:07 EST 2011

From: <lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de>
> Zitat von Daniel Pittman <daniel at rimspace.net>:
>
>> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 07:09, Daniel Bauer <mlist at dsb-gmbh.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've a VPS for my internal LAN, which should also be used as a NTP
>>> server.
>>> The HN has already syncronized the time by de.pool.ntp.org, so the
>>> time is
>>> also ok inside the VPS.
>>> The NTP server inside the VPS stalled, ntpq -p shows:
>>
>> You don't need NTP inside the container, just on the HN.  The VE
>> can't
>> set the time anyhow.
>
> Not really true. You need special capabilities assigned to the VE to
> let it manage your system clock. So if you need ntp inside the VE you
> should do something like "vzctl set <VEID> --capability sys_time:on",
> install ntp inside the VE and deinstall it on the HN.

But that's not what I want.

I want the HN to be a NTP client, so that all (HN + VE) have a valid
time.
This works already.

I want the VE to be a NTP server for the local LAN, without beeing a NTP
Client.
That doesn't work.

Why?
No VE and also no LAN client have access to the HN.
I've 3 subnets with 3 gatesways (VE), all gateways should be a NTP
server and couln't be a NTP client.

Thanks
Daniel