[Users] fuse filesystem inside a container?

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Wed Aug 31 13:22:11 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm relativity new to openvz but I think I got a good idea about
managing containers, not looked much at the kernel side though. I'm
trying to port an application running on a set of hosts, to containers
running on the same hardware. The application requires both fuse and
md devices/filesystems.

I'm able to make the md/fuse devices but I've been unable to configure
a container to additionally include fuse filesystem capability.

vzctl set $id --devices b:9:2:rw c:10:229:rw --save

then after starting the containers,

vzctl exec $id mknod /dev/fuse c 10 229
vzctl exec $id mknod /dev/md2 b 9 2

I'm using the standard CentOS 5.6 template and running with the following rpms:
# rpm -aq | grep vz
vzquota-3.0.12-1
ovzkernel-devel-2.6.18-238.19.1.el5.028stab092.2
ovzkernel-2.6.18-238.19.1.el5.028stab092.2
vzctl-lib-3.0.28.3-1
vzctl-3.0.28.3-1

Fuse is being used to mount a gluster filesystem. Am I missing a step?

-George

--
George Georgalis, (415) 894-2710, http://www.galis.org/