[Users] Hide ppp0 behind virtual ethernet device -- Is this possible ?

mikolaj mikolaj at lavabit.com
Fri Aug 12 05:49:31 EDT 2011

Hello.

I am using fedora 15 with gnome 3, whose network manager doesn't handle
dsl connections.I have working internet connection, though some
programs, which ask network manager if there is any connection to the
internet, fail to work since my connection is not detected.

Is there any way to setup virtual ethernet device, in such a way that
all traffic directed to it will be routed to ppp0 and also all traffic
coming to ppp0 will be send to this virtual device ? This way I the
virtual ethernet device would appear ( I hope ) to network manager as
ordinary 'cable' connection.