[Users] High Swap Load

CM [Sprintserve.net] silver at sprintserve.net
Fri Aug 12 04:28:06 EDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: users-bounces at openvz.org [mailto:users-bounces at openvz.org] On Behalf Of Sebastian Bachmann
Sent: Friday, 12 August, 2011 3:57 PM
To: Users at openvz.org
Subject: [Users] High Swap Load

We have a really weird problem with one of our OpenVZ Hosts. Sometimes the swap is filled with arround of 2GB of Data, this causes that high load that the server is not available... The really weird thing is that the memory is not completly used! we have 8GB of RAM installed but only 3,5GB are really used (1,7G buffered and 2G cached) - that means there are still arround 0,6GB of free mem and the cached mem can also be used, so why the server should swap???

Are you running 32bit OS? If yes, what kernel are you using? Make sure you are using one with PAE enabled.

regards
CM