[Users] Kernel question

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 16:12:13 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I'm wanting to update some openvz servers and checking on the latest
stable kernel version in the debian lenny repository:

# aptitude show linux-image-2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64
Package: linux-image-2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64
State: installed
Automatically installed: yes
Version: 2.6.26-25lenny1
Section: admin
Maintainer: Debian Kernel Team <debian-kernel at lists.debian.org>
Uncompressed Size: 83.8M
Depends: module-init-tools, vzctl, initramfs-tools (>= 0.55) | yaird
(>= 0.0.13) | linux-initramfs-tool
PreDepends: debconf | debconf-2.0
Suggests: linux-doc-2.6.26, grub | lilo
Conflicts: initramfs-tools (< 0.55), yaird (< 0.0.13)
Provides: linux-image, linux-image-2.6, linux-modules-2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64
 This package provides the binary image and pre-built loadable modules
for Linux kernel 2.6.26 on all 64bit
 single- and multiprocessor AMD and Intel machines.

 This kernel includes support for OpenVZ container-based virtualization.

Is this version uptot date with the lates patches and also what is the
life cycle on maintenence on this version.  I assume it will be
maintained for through the life cycle for lenny?

Thanks.

JR
--
JR Richardson