[Users] OpenVZ guest device passthrough

John Knight jknight at aretta.com
Mon Nov 22 01:23:00 EST 2010

Hi Charles,

I've just tested with the latest 2.6.32 development branch of openvz (of
which the proxmox kernel definitely has some version of the patch used
to create it from vanilla 2.6.32) and was able to pass along a usb hub
to a container using my previous method.

Hopefully you won't have any issues.  If you do, let me know, I'd love
to help solve any issues you have with openvz.

since redhat enterprise linux 6 just came out, I imagine the openvz team
is working hard to make sure the 2.6.32 branch gets a lot more love and
becomes fully supported.  there's already a testing branch which I
haven't been able to test yet (still doing some testing specifically for
the 2.6.32 kernel that's shipping in rhel6), but I'm confident that
openvz support is going to be amazing in newer distros.

Thank you,

John Knight
Aretta Communications