[Users] Re: [Announce] New kernel release: RHEL5 2.6.18 194.26.1.el5 028stab070.14

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Fri Nov 19 11:20:06 EST 2010

Wouter,

(1) It is considered bad practice to use personal developers' addresses
to ask questions. We have mailing lists for that.

(2) Nevertheless, I guess the answer to your question will be
of interest to other people as well, therefore adding users@ to cc.

On 11/19/2010 04:47 PM, Wouter van Eekelen wrote:
> Has this been tested?

Yes.

We do test our stable kernels (and even find bugs in RHEL sometimes).
Unfortunately this bug was not found by our QA team. My sincere apologies
if this bug has affected your production nodes.

I'd like to point out that we have rhel5-testing branch in OpenVZ for people
to try out new kernels before they are released into rhel5 branch. So, if
you have many boxes running OpenVZ, please use 1 or 2 of those to run
rhel5-testing kernel and report back any problems that you encounter.
That way, you'll be safer, plus you will contribute back to the community.