[Users] OpenVPN, OpenVZ y firewall

Marc Olive marc.olive at grupblau.com
Wed Nov 17 08:15:31 EST 2010

Hello,

I have a computer with two NICs that acts as a firewall, internet gateway and
router.
I have another computer with some VE, one of them is an OpenVPN server.

I can connect to the VPN, but then I can't reach containers with VETH
interfaces. I have no problems with VENET containers nor with other phisical
hosts.

I think it's some problem with the firewall and iptables rules. You can see my
iptables script at http://pastebin.ca/1994330.
If I uncomment the rule -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o eth1 -j ACCEPT then I can ping
to VETH containers, otherwise I can't ping them. With and without this rule I
can ping non-VETH containers and other hosts.

I have also checked the kernel settings "forwarding" and "arp_filter".

What I'm doing wrong with VETH containers, the firewall and the OpenVPN?

Thanks,

--

Marc Olivé
Grup Blau