[Users] DISK_QUOTA="no" and DISKSPACE="unlimited"

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Tue Nov 16 03:42:59 EST 2010

On 10/21/2010 04:38 PM, Benjamin Henrion wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I added the following doc to the wiki about the DISKSPACE="unlimited" option:
>
> http://wiki.openvz.org/w/index.php?title=Disk_quota&curid=2421&diff=9260&oldid=8334

The difference between DISKSPACE=unlimited and DISK_QUOTA=no
is in the first case disk quota is initialized, disk space is accounted for,
it's just that the limit is high enough to be reached in practice.

In the case of DISK_QUOTA=no disk quota for CT is not initialized
at all -- so this I guess is preferable approach if you don't want to
impose any limits for CT disk space usage.

> I have added DISK_QUOTA="no" to the template file:
>
> /etc/vz/conf/ve-unlimited.conf-sample
>
> And applied this template to a container via:
>
> vzctl set 1031 --applyconfig unlimited --save
>
> But the DISK_QUOTA="no" was not applied to the container.
>
> I then tried DISKSPACE="unlimited", and it worked.
>
> Can you repoduce this bug?

Yes, this is a bug, thanks for reporting that one (although bugzilla is
a better place for bug reports).

I took some time and fixed it in vzctl git. In addition, I have
added "vzctl set --diskquota yes|no" and fixed man pages
and bash completion script accordingly. Below are the links
to patches, in case you want to try it. Alternatively, these
fixes should appear in vzctl >= 3.0.25.

Fix itself:
http://git.openvz.org/?p=vzctl;a=commit;h=8431d988b4

Add description of DISK_QUOTA into ctid.conf(5) man page:
http://git.openvz.org/?p=vzctl;a=commit;h=a2de1caad

vzctl set: implement --diskquota on|off:
http://git.openvz.org/?p=vzctl;a=commit;h=5c63ca79

Fix for the above patch to work:
http://git.openvz.org/?p=vzctl;a=commit;h=fdbadda

More additions/fixes to man pages:
http://git.openvz.org/?p=vzctl;a=commit;h=b40b1f3176

If you want to apply these patches to e.g. vzctl-3.0.24.2 and test,
you might need to take this patch as well, since others depend on it.
Move set_opt[] to where it belongs:
http://git.openvz.org/?p=vzctl;a=commit;h=f41ca1408