[Users] Quota 2nd level problem

Barbara Nowak basiamnowak at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 17:18:20 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 03 November 2010 22:04:07 Maxim Dolgikh wrote:

>As i understand you use different partitions for root and private on the HN. I
>think you need enable quotas on the VE_ROOT partition too.

No, It is not good solutions.
Does not help....

On Tuesday 03 November 2010 22:04:07 Kir Kolyshkin wrote:

> Looks like you mix 1st and 2nd level quotas.
> First-level quota is set by --diskspace and --diskinodes and this is quota for
>a CT.
>
>Second-level quota is quota for users/groups inside a container, and it is
>enabled
>by doing vzctl set $CTID --quotaugidlimit NNN. See the description of the
>parameter in vzctl man page.
>
>Let us know if it helps.

I've already set --quotaugidlimit but it does not help.

Hoever I've checked again my config files...
Someting works strange:

marvin:~# cat /etc/vz/conf/101.conf
[...]
DISK_QUOTA="yes"
DISKSPACE="139456348:139456348"
DISKINODES="139456348:139456348"
QUOTATIME="0"
QUOTAUGIDLIMIT="190"

but in /etc/vz/vz.conf i had:
DISK_QUOTA=no

these settings turn off 2-nd level quota.. Is any priority of reading config
files ?
After changing DISK_QUOTA in vz.conf:

marvin:~# vzctl enter 101
entered into CT 101
s1:/# ls -la |grep quota
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    39 Nov  3 22:01 aquota.group ->
/proc/vz/vzaquota/00000029/aquota.group
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    38 Nov  3 22:01 aquota.user ->
/proc/vz/vzaquota/00000029/aquota.user
s1:/# mount
/dev/simfs on / type reiserfs (rw,usrquota,grpquota)

Hoever:
s1:/# edquota root
No filesystems with quota detected.

Greetings