[Users] tagged vlan and bridges

Jeremy Hansen jeremy at skidrow.la
Tue May 11 19:18:02 EDT 2010

I'm attempting to configure multiple tagged vlans over a bridged interface to allow my containers to obtain dhcp leases from different networks.  The host OS is centos. Is there any documentation regarding the steps involved in this type of setup?  I haven't been able to find anything that precisely matches this config.

It seems to work with a single vlan, but as soon as I attempt to add a second eth0.<VLAN> interface, it stops working.

I figured someone must be doing this.  If I leave out the vlans, everything works fine using the default vlan...guests can dhcp lease their network addresses, etc.

I'm using the latest openvz utils and kernel from the openvz yum repo.  The base OS is CentOS 5.2 x86_64.

"Red Hat" style ifcfg- config files would be great.

Thanks for your help.

-jeremy