[Users] question

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Thu Mar 25 17:45:42 EDT 2010

mattias wrote:
> Only a short question
> Are openvz customed to run on  rhel / centos and not debian Iven if there
> are packages for debian

Are you asking whether you can run OpenVZ on RHEL and CentOS? The answer
is yes.

Are you asking whether you can run RHEL and CentOS inside OpenVZ
containers? The answer is also yes to CentOS, and I don't know ahout RHEL.

> I meen Now i run a mail server with openvz
> Not hard to setup on rhel
> But on debian On debian it was inpossible

How do you mean? You set up OpenVZ, then ran a Debian container, and
tried to set up mail in Debian? I couldn't help you there, as I don't
know Debian.

But I do run a dozen mail servers all under OpenVZ, and can say that
OpenVZ does not cause any new problems for hosting email. If you can
host a mail server on CentOS, then you can host it on CentOS inside OpenVZ.

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security

"No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."