[Users] Mail server

Steven Crothers steven.crothers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 16:55:57 EDT 2010

Utilizing a MySQL socket is irrelevant to the date you posted in your first
reply.

A MySQL socket would not interact with, or modify the results of
/etc/network/interfaces.

All mail servers are started as a "system" or "root" user, then they drop
their permission after they have bound to the socket, so also irrelevant
data.