[Users] nfs

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Jun 30 13:07:41 EDT 2010

Richard,

----- Original Message -----
> I read http://wiki.openvz.org/NFS to set up nfs and it works fine
> I added 'modprobe nfs' to /etc/rc.d/rc.local but when I reboot the
> hardware node the containers get started before rc.local is run so I
> have to restart all containers to get nfs
> Before I do something stupid I decided to ask if there is a fix for
> this
>
> Richard

Late response... but anyway...

How to force a module to load at boot various from one distro to the next.  If you are using RHEL or CentOS, according to page 561 of the RHEL 5 deployment guide (http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.4/html/Deployment_Guide/s1-kernel-modules-persistant.html) you can create a file named /etc/rc.modules and put the desired command in there.  rc.modules is loaded early in the boot process (much earlier than rc.local) and should do what you need.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street