[Users] Give kernel modules access to VE

Alfred Sawaya wildhuji.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 09:45:18 EDT 2010

Le 25/06/2010 20:29, Galia Lisovskaya a écrit :
> To some devices(in devfs) you may take access, see examples:
>
> http://wiki.openvz.org/USB_Printing_in_VE
> http://wiki.openvz.org/Installing_Trixbox_2.0_in_CentOS_VE
> http://wiki.openvz.org/VPN_via_the_TUN/TAP_device

Well, I see on Wikipedia that OpenVZ doesn't support IPSec and L2TP into
a VE, and it was just what I wanted to do by inserting kernel module
into a VE...
Why there is such a limitation ? If a VE can access the kernel, why it
can't access a module ? (as the module IS inserting from de host !)

Thank you again for your assistance,

Alfred.
> 2010/6/23 Alfred Sawaya<wildhuji.lists at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello !
>>
>> I wonder if it is possible to give to VE access to some kernel modules (such
>> as klips, or other kernel modules ?) ? Or I have to compile my kernel with
>> modules I need into my VE as built-in ?
>>
>> Thank you for your assistance !
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Alfred.