[Users] how to let a CT configure it's IP address?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Wed Jun 30 03:36:00 EDT 2010

Roman Haefeli <reduzierer at yahoo.de> writes:

> We would like to build a mysql-cluster with two mysql-servers in a
> master-master configuration. We're trying to use mysql-mmm [1] for a
> fail-over setup. Both mysql-servers are running in their own container on
> two different host nodes.

[...]

> So I tried to use veth instead (according to [2]). I configured on each
> mysql-server a virtual ethernet device. But then I realized that in order to
> make the virtual device on the host node accessible to the world, I need to
> manually add a route on CT0.

...or add the veth device on CT0 to a software bridge with the physical
device, which is the most common way to implement this.  Look for 'vznetaddbr'
here: http://wiki.openvz.org/Virtual_Ethernet_device

That way your container VETH behaves as if it is a physical Ethernet device
connected to the external network, which is what you probably want.

Be aware, though: Linux can still apply iptables firewalling to a software
bridge interface, so make sure that doesn't get in the way in your setup, if
CT0 has firewall rules applied.

Regards,
        Daniel