[Users] Maximum for ssh-sessions in container?

Galia Lisovskaya inbox at shaggy-cat.ru
Fri Jun 25 16:21:13 EDT 2010

Fix numpty UBC column:

[root at gw03u /]# cat /proc/user_beancounters | grep numpty
            numpty                2          2        512        512          0
[root at gw03u /]#

Please read info of UBC in wiki:

http://wiki.openvz.org/Setting_UBC_parameters#Question:_I_want_to_know_how_much_RAM_is_allocated_to_a_particular_container._I_ran_cat_.2Fproc.2Fuser_beancounters_from_inside_my_container_and_I_have_the_following_results_below._But_I_am_not_sure_how_to_interpret_the_results.

http://wiki.openvz.org/Resource_shortage

http://wiki.openvz.org/UBC_parameters_table

2010/6/3 Heiner mueller-Szerber <hms_hms2000 at yahoo.de>:
> Hi,
> I'm running an openvz-amd64 on lenny with a standard-lenny-container from templates. When users try to login via ssh to the virtual machine, the first 20 or so get a session, all others get an error message:
> PTY allocation request failed on channel 0
> unable to open pty: No such file or directory
>
> It seems that there is a max-ssh-session-limit somewhere in the system. Does someone have a hint, where I should look?
> Thanks in advance
> Heiner

Galina Lisovskaya