[Users] LiveCD OpenVZ

Nirmal Guhan vavatutu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 20:33:21 EDT 2010

Ok. I used CentOS 5.5 and things seem to go fine so far (atleast
container creation and basic stuff). Thanks for all the suggestions.

Am planning to run latest kernel (2.6.31+) in production. Any idea
when 2.6.32 openvz kernel will become stable/production ready?

Also, I tend to think there is quite an amount of dependency between
the distribution and OpenVZ in the sense the tools do not work
everyone - for eg, I initially had trouble with vzpkg, vzrpm etc. not
supporting python 2.5+ and I cannot downgrade python in Fedora 12 as
there were other (non VZ) application dependencies (including yum). So
also wanted to know when these tools be updated, if there is such a
plan?

Thanks,
Nirmal