[Users] LiveCD OpenVZ

Solar Designer solar at openwall.com
Wed Jun 23 15:55:08 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 11:08:29PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 11:56:04AM -0700, Nirmal Guhan wrote:
> > # rpm -q vzctl
> > vzctl-3.0.23-1.i386
>
> You could try updating to our vz* packages:
>
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/openwall/Owl/current/i686/RPMS/
>
> The current revisions are:
>
> vzctl-3.0.23-owl5.i686.rpm
> vzquota-3.0.12-owl1.i686.rpm
>
> Of course, they were meant to work on Owl only, but I don't recall any
> reason why they would not work on another system.  I think they will.

I recalled a relevant change made in our vzctl package: we set
"MODULES_DISABLED=yes" in /etc/vz/vz.conf, because the default kernel on
Owl has everything compiled in.  With another OpenVZ kernel build, you
will likely need to change this to "no" if you use our vzctl package.

It is going to be much more reliable for you to just use Owl, though.
This would mean a tested combination of everything - kernel, vz tools,
configs, other userland packages, templates.

> http://openwall.info/wiki/Owl/usage-examples/OpenVZ/getting-started

Alexander