[Users] LiveCD OpenVZ

Solar Designer solar at openwall.com
Wed Jun 23 11:39:46 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 11:25:17AM -0400, Scott Dowdle wrote:
> So far as I know the Live media are just for trying it before actually trying to install it.  I do not believe that the Live Media are installable.

FWIW, the Owl live CD, besides being that, is also installable.  It has
packages and the installer program (just type "settle").

In fact, it also has full source code and the build environment.  It is
even possible to rebuild the whole thing from source while CD-booted if
you're so inclined (I did that for testing - requires 768 MB RAM or more,
which everyone has these days), as well as after having installed the
system (again, only if you want).  Also, it is possible to build OpenVZ
container templates even while CD-booted - the "make vztemplate" target.
And it is possible to rebuild the ISO with "make iso".

Alexander