[Users] Migration with bridged tagged vlan interfaces?

Jeremy Hansen jeremy at skidrow.la
Fri Jun 11 15:40:26 EDT 2010

We're using bridged interfaces with veth. It seems our bridge configuration isn't carrying over the bridge config. The way I'm doing this on the originating machine is with a Red Hat style networking config file:

[root at fvmp-ovz0000 network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-veth4.0
DEVICE=veth4.0
ONBOOT=yes
STARTMODE=onboot
BRIDGE=br3.1632

which ensures the veth interface is associated with the right vlan bridge interface.

But this doesn't seem to carry over...well, the veth4.0 interface is created, but this interface isn't associated with the correct bridge vlan interface.

Is there another way to accomplish this elegantly? I have a feeling I'm going about this the hard way perhaps.

Thanks
-jeremy