[Users] Public/Private IP Configuration

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Wed Jun 2 21:18:10 EDT 2010

Aleksey Mykhailov <aleksey at kodingen.com> writes:
> On Wednesday 02 June 2010 19:25:52 Mark Barnes wrote:
>
>> Obviously I can create container 10x with the private IP 192.168.x.y
>> however I need to be able to tell said container to route traffic through
>> eth1 rather than eth0 and vice versa for the public containers.
>
> You need to use veth device in container

No you don't; you can use the Linux policy routing tools (iproute2 and
friends) to select the routing table to use based on the source address of the
packets.

Configure that on your host node, and the venet stuff will just work, because
it uses regular old IP routing to move traffic around.

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.html#LARTC.RPDB.SIMPLE

Regards,
        Daniel