[Users] OpenVZ as Kernel modules

Peter Senna Tschudin peter.senna at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 09:59:06 EDT 2010

Hi Steven,

I agree that it as easy as yum install ovzkernel. But  watching XEN vs
KVM discussion, one of KVM advantages is that it uses a loadable
module which makes the life easier for users and for distro
maintainers. You need Xen specific kernel but do not need for KVM.

I can use, with standard Debian packages, OpenVZ + KVM on the same
machine because I can load KVM modules on OpenVZ kernel. I can see
power for KVM by not requiring specific kernel. Does not matter what
changes and/or patches are applied. Probably KVM will work.

"I" can see that turning OpenVZ into loadable modules can be a good
thing to OpenVZ. I know that it is not simple and represent lots of
work, but the result may be good.

Do you agree?

Regards,

Peter