[Users] Re: New Kernel Patch

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Jan 18 07:54:36 EST 2010

Suno Ano <suno.ano-Oxd/z3mDz0lAfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> I hate bridges therefore I use lxc.network.type = macvlan which is the
> equivalent to OpenVZ's venet device ... basically a pipe-like connection
> between container and host. No bridge involved. Imho a bride just
> complicates a setup and introduces an additional layer of indirection.

In OpenVZ I prefer just moving the VLAN network interfaces into the
guests like NETDEV="eth0.114" in /etc/vz/conf/114.conf. I presume I can
get the same result with

lxc.network.type=phys
lxc.network.link=eth0.114

Even better would be if I could do macvlan on top of eth0.114. Is that
possible?

/Benny