[Users] Debian CT issue - hostname added to /etc/hosts on every start

Steve Scaffidi stephen at scaffidi.net
Sun Jan 10 12:33:57 EST 2010

Very strange issue, I'm not sure where I went wrong or how to fix it:

CT /etc/hosts:
--------------------
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
# Auto-generated hostname. Please do not remove this comment.
10.1.10.123 test-server.redweek.com  test-server test-server
--------------------

OpenVZ seems to really want to have the hostname listed twice in the
hosts file... every time I issue a vzctl restart that line is reset to
what I pasted above.

Unfortunately this error causes NIS and NFS to fail (due to portmapper
failing) and I can get them working by fixing the invalid line above
and restarting those services in the right order. However, I really
need to figure out why openvz seems to be doing this and how to fix
it!

--
-- Steve Scaffidi <stephen at scaffidi.net>