[Users] gfs and localflocks

frank frank at si.ct.upc.edu
Fri Jan 8 05:08:40 EST 2010

Hi all,
we have a couple of servers with OpenVZ RHEL 5.4 kernel, and sharing a
GFS filesystem.
We have done some locking tests with "ping_pong" over the GFS
filesystem, and we have realized that GFS is doing local flocks, not
distributed ones.
It is not due to mount options:

# mount -t gfs -o rw /dev/volCluster/lvol0 /mnt/gfs

but we got

# grep /mnt/gfs /proc/mounts
/dev/mapper/volCluster-lvol0 /mnt/gfs gfs
rw,hostdata=jid=1:id=65537:first=0,localflocks 0 0

"localflocks" flag is on! We don't know why. We have the same
configuration in another pair of servers without OpenVZ, and there it
works doing distributed locking without problem; so it seems it is
related to OpenVZ patched kernel.

Can this be a bug? Is there any explanation?

Regards.

Frank

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,