[Users] VE affecting all server node.

Arturas Skauronas helpaz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 02:42:57 EST 2010

2010/2/17 José David Bravo Álvarez <jbravo at colombiahosting.com.co>:
> Hello!
>
> We have one VE that have inside MySQL Server, this VPS is running a mysql
> query that load very high all the server node and affecting others VE's. How
> can I limit this VPS to avoid the high load caused by the MySQL query.

first of all I recommend inspect queries and do optimization of them
mysql slow log with time of 1sec, and then do explain of that queries
in mysql console

In practice I had problems when some queries with subquery took a lot
more time then to split them in 2 separate queries
for example doing
select something from table1 where id in (select xxx from table2)
took 8min
and when splitting them
1. select xxx from table2
2. select something from table1 where id (result from 1st query)
took 0.04sec