[Users] VE affecting all server node.

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Tue Feb 23 11:29:02 EST 2010

Good answer, Solar! Some of your ideas may apply to our own situation,
as well; we have a MySQL user causing some impact with constant queries.

Questions: Can I mount a tmpfs under my simfs? I can't mount the whole
VPS as tmpfs nor noatime, but a tmpfs under simfs sounds like a great
solution here. If I can then set MySQL's tempfile directory to it,
you're right that it could reduce our disk traffic significantly.

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security

"No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."