[Users] OpenVPN and Wiki documentation

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Wed Aug 25 15:06:42 EDT 2010

----- "Marc Aymerich" <glicerinu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Marc Olive < marc.olive at grupblau.com > wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> I've setup an openvpn server inside an openvz container, it works fine, but I
> had to make a veth interface instead a venet in order to reach hosts behind
> the vpn server.
> As this is not mentioned in the wiki[1] I had some troubles at first since I
> realized it. It should be mentioned in the wiki.
>
> Regards,
>
> [1] http://wiki.openvz.org/VPN_via_the_TUN/TAP_device
>
> --

Hi Marc,
I have too an openvn server running inside a container and I use venet interface without any trouble. Why do you think that veth is necessary?

---

Yes, but are you routing traffic from the VPN connected clients through your container to other hosts? Because of the way venet works, there are some intermediary hops and internal routing that happens which makes this setup somewhat difficult. I'm still trying to find the answer to this myself. Switching to veth works fine, but unfortunately breaks another component of the applications we use. It's complicated... long story.

--Tim